There has been a surge in the COVID 19 cases and hospitalizations in Texas – up to 1500 cases per day, which is a 51% increase from the previous week. Don’t let your guard down – this virus is very contagious and as you know can be deadly. At the airfield it’s important to keep your Physical (social) distance. Tom Y
I am sure everyone is aware of the current policies and guidelines on protecting each other from the risk of the Coronavirus. Below are additional actions we are suggesting be taken at the field in addition to the “Social Distancing” guidelines which include maintaining a physical distance of at least 6 feet away from each other, handwashing with soap for at least 20 seconds, etc.:
• We will temporarily remove the “Visitors Welcome” sign at the gate. All we are trying to do is reduce the risk of non AMA members on the property during this period.
• We are asking that you refrain from bringing visitors to the field with you unless they are also AMA members. I realize we have invited NASA RC members to use our field and we are not changing this invite but by way of copying this email to NASA RC we are asking them to follow our guidelines.
• We are requesting members bring sanitizing spray or spray bottles with them to sanitize surfaces they use. A simple solution can be made from a mix of one cup of bleach to one gallon of water. We are asking any member using the tables to please spray their table prior to use and prior to leaving.
•Please limit the use of the clubhouse and limit the number of people in the clubhouse to 2 at a time. If you use any items in the clubhouse like coffee pot, table, refrigerator, simulator, etc. please wipe them with sanitizer wipes when finished including door handles, etc. We realize this could be a pain but an alternate solution would be simply don’t use the clubhouse.
We appreciate your cooperation and we are all hoping this will be over soon.
Take care and hope you and your family stay safe…Benny
Don’t forget …Wednesday night 4/1/2020 (no joke) dinner will be served at the field! Come out and enjoy the cool breezes of spring as we dine in the great outdoors overlooking the Phil Vance Air Field which will have just been freshly mowed by Pat hand his mower team.. This weeks menu will consists of Bigger Better Burgers with ALL the fixins, potato chips, drink and Chocolate Chip Cookies for desert Umm Umm good!. All this for the low low price of only $5. Dinner will be served promptly at 6:00 pm . Come early to get a good seat. Free parking (valet parking available upon request). Dress (PLEASE). Flying begins whenever …. ’till whenever……and watch another spectacular DOG FIGHT!!!!!
See at the field Bon Apateeto! Mark
Some of you may remember a few years back when we go in to daylight savings time, we would fly Wednesday nights and someone would cook dinner. Usually Mike V (Cigar Mike was the cook). Since his passing the tradition fizzled out so I am reviving it.
So starting this Wednesday night dinner will be served and I will be the head chef. I will be creating a feast fit for the finest R/C pilots, consisting of flame broiled one third pound Hamburgers on the finest buns that HEB sells, cheese burgers with all the fixin’s, potato chips and a drink. All this for the low low price of only $5.
Dinner will be served promptly at 6:00 pm Wednesday 3/11/2020. Turn out is expected to be heavy so come early to get a good seat. Free parking (valet parking available upon request). Dress (for women only).
Flying begins whenever you get that urge..’till when ever you loose that urge, which for most of us is only a few seconds.
See at the field Bon Apatito! Mark
This is a reminder that our first meeting in 2020 will be Saturday January 25th at 9AM in the clubhouse. New for 2020:
- Quarterly meetings instead of monthly.
- Gene will be cooking full breakfast between 7:30AM and 8:45AM for $5.
- Come see the unbelievable job of cleaning our kitchen and griddle that Gene and several members have done – you won’t believe it!
- Rumor going around that there could be door prizes but you must come through the door and stay through the meeting to be eligible.
Hope to see you there…Benny and Tom
Do not forget this coming Saturday is the Alvin RC Club’s scheduled monthly meeting. There will be no meeting in December.
For those that missed out on the Silent Charity Auction held yesterday at the field, you missed the opportunity to bid on many great items and some wonderful flying weather.
I think the money raised will be very helpful for the Brazoria County needy. If you want to still donate, just drop the money in the box at the field (include a note) or give it to any officer or director.
Support Less Fortunate folks through The Brazoria CountySheriff’s Department. To be Hosted By:
Alvin Radio Control Model Airplane Assoc.
Brazoria County Modelers Association
Saturday November 16, 2019
- Proceeds from the event and all donations will be used topurchase gift cards. Gift cards will be given to the Brazoria County Sheriff’s Department to be distributed by the Deputies to less fortunate folks prior to Christmas.
- Location – Vance Field (previously Alvin RC Field)
- Personal and corporate donations are welcome.
- Event will be from 8AM to 11AM
- Items available have been donated by the Mike Vawters Estateas well as items donated by individuals. Donated items will be accepted up to and during the event. Some items that will beavailable include: (Silent auction items may be subject to minimum starting bids. Prices shown below are estimated new value for reference)o Great Planes 60 size Stick – ARF new in box – Est. New $200 o Hanger 9 30cc Stick – ARF new in box – Est. New $300
o Midwest Sweet N Low Stick – Kit new in box – Est. New $140 o Dynaflite Decathlon – Kit in box – Est. New $275o 70” Edge 540 – ARF new in box – Est. New $270
o 1/3 Scale Morane Saulnier – Kit in box – Est. New $470
o Space Walker 1/3 scale – Kit in box – Est. New $355
o 2 each Sureflite Spitfires – Foam in Box – Est. New $65 each
o Weekender F4U Corsair – new in box – Est. New $120
o Goldberg Piper – Kit in box – Est. New $240
o Top Flite P47 1/8 Scale – Kit new in box – Est. New $225 o DLE 55 – New condition in Box – Est. New $420
o DLE 30 – Used in good condition – Est. New $285
o Futaba 14 channel Tx used but in working condition
• Company or individual Donations may be mailed to Alvin RC, PO Box 30, Alvin, TX 77512 or Brazoria County Modelers Association, 140 Brazosport Blvd.N, Clute,TX 77531
• For additional information please visit our website at www.alvinrc.club or contact Benny Behrens at email@example.com 832-499-2043 or Erik Valdez at firstname.lastname@example.org, 979-230-6968.
• You are welcome to fly while there provided you are a current AMA member.
Directions to Vance field (Formerly Alvin RC Flying Field) located at 2444
CR 180, Alvin, TX (Do not use as mailing address):
Off of Hwy 6 turn generally South on to CR149, go across tracks, then turn left at dead-end on to CR190 (Old Manvel Rd). At first light (school will be on your right) turn right on to CR284. Proceed to dead-end and turn right onto CR181. Go about 1⁄4 mile to first highway (CR180). Turn left onto CR180 and proceed approx. 1.5 miles – field will be on your right across from some large galvanized metal buildings (old hangers).
• Parking is free
• If you have something to donate please bring it along.
Due to the current wet ground conditions at Alvin RC Flying filed and the forecasted rains later in the week we have decided to cancel the Mike Vawters Charity Fun Fly originally scheduled for November 9, 2019.
Don’t forget the meeting this month is to nominate Officers and Directors for the coming year.
The meeting will be held at the field club house this Saturday the 26th.