Alvin’s Annual Fun Fly – Giving Back to the Community
Alvin RC 32nd Big Bird
Alvin RC directions
Burger night on Thursday
Burger night is Thursday nights. Dinner will be served around 6 PM. For the low low price of $5 you get a flame broiled burger (cheese optional) all the fixings, chips, drink and a cookie. Best deal in town. Dress casual.
Bring a plane and you can even fly if you want or talk to Johnny about joining his combat team! Outdoor seating is available and highly recommended.
Thank you, Bon Jour
The update rules and field safety lines are posted on our Membership & Club Information page.
Be sure to check our the RCHouston Page to see all the RC events in the area.
AMA Safety Program Handbook
FAA Registration Process for Small Unmanned Aircraft
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today announced a streamlined and user-friendly web-based aircraft registration process for owners of small unmanned aircraft (UAS) weighing more than 0.55 pounds (250 grams) and less than 55 pounds (approx. 25 kilograms) including payloads such as on-board cameras.
Club Airfield Safety Rules
(North is assumed to be in the direction toward the houses across from the runway 90 degrees to the runway)
- We will not deliberately fly over the houses to the North.
- We will not deliberately fly on the other side of CO 180 (over ultra-light field).
- We will not deliberately fly South of our Safety Line (South edge of runway). There is an exception to this in the case of making a left turn from the East or using the open area West of the canopy area. Under no circumstances should the airplane cross CO 180 or fly over the clubhouse, spectator area, pit area or canopy area.
- We will not deliberately fly over the tree line along our South property line.
- The attached field layout which was distributed some time back reflects the above restrictions on overfly areas.