Since this month’s meeting fell on a holiday weekend, the meeting is being cancelled. The field is still open for flying, so come on out.
An important note, June begins a new club year. As such, dues need to be paid this month to stay current. Please see Grady or any other club officer to pay your dues.
“Each Wednesday night during Daylight savings time (now) we have a master chief cook up a meal. We show up anytime, fly, eat about 6 pm ish then fly ’till dark.
You don’t have to fly
You don’t have to eat
You do have to have a good time!
So come on out rain or shine(we can eat inside(, bring $5 for the best dinner you’ll get all night, and have a great Time!!!”
On December 2, 2017 Alvin RC will be hosting a Charity Fun Fly at our field in Alvin, TX. The attached flyer provides detailed information on our current plans for the event.
A few highlights:
- All net proceeds will be used to purchase $25 gift cards.
- Being near Christmas the Gift cards will be given to the Sheriff of Brazoria County for distribution to less fortunate folks through the Deputies as they feel appropriate.
- Landing Fee Donation is $20 which includes a pilot lunch
- Several prizes will be raffled
- Silent auction of many items will be held – donation of auction items from businesses and individuals are welcome.
- We welcome donations from businesses and individuals