March Meeting is Saturday the 24th. Meeting starts at 9:00 AM. Come down and meet, greet and fly.
On December 2, 2017 Alvin RC will be hosting a Charity Fun Fly at our field in Alvin, TX. The attached flyer provides detailed information on our current plans for the event.
A few highlights:
- All net proceeds will be used to purchase $25 gift cards.
- Being near Christmas the Gift cards will be given to the Sheriff of Brazoria County for distribution to less fortunate folks through the Deputies as they feel appropriate.
- Landing Fee Donation is $20 which includes a pilot lunch
- Several prizes will be raffled
- Silent auction of many items will be held – donation of auction items from businesses and individuals are welcome.
- We welcome donations from businesses and individuals
Just a couple of items for the club.
First, we will have a work party next Saturday September 30 to finish cleaning up from Harvey. There are several boxes of papers and pictures that will be saved or thrown away, so please show up.
Also, the October meeting will include nominations of officers and directors. Any one nominated must be given advance notice and should have agreed to serve.
Finally, do not forget to come out October 14 to help with the Boy Scout event. Let’s help make sure they all get the merit badge.
Looks like a good week to fly, see you at the field.