Last month, we shared new information about the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, which Congress has reinstated.
Today, we are writing to let you know that President Trump has signed this bill making UAS registration a federal requirement again, including for AMA members.
For more information and frequently asked questions, please visit our federal registration page.
AMA Government Relations
Q: If I already registered, do I have register again?
A: You will not have to register again since this bill simply reverses the John Taylor case. We will share more as details emerge.
Q: Do I need to register again if I requested a refund and asked to be removed from the registration list?
A: You will need to re-register only if you received FAA confirmation that your request to be removed the database was honored.
Q: I did not request a refund/removal from registration database, will my registration number and expiration date stay the same?
A: Yes, your registration number and expiration date will remain the same unless you requested that the FAA remove your information from the database, and received FAA conformation of this removal.
AMA District VIII
On December 2, 2017 Alvin RC will be hosting a Charity Fun Fly at our field in Alvin, TX. The attached flyer provides detailed information on our current plans for the event.
A few highlights:
- All net proceeds will be used to purchase $25 gift cards.
- Being near Christmas the Gift cards will be given to the Sheriff of Brazoria County for distribution to less fortunate folks through the Deputies as they feel appropriate.
- Landing Fee Donation is $20 which includes a pilot lunch
- Several prizes will be raffled
- Silent auction of many items will be held – donation of auction items from businesses and individuals are welcome.
- We welcome donations from businesses and individuals