In August of 2018, Alvin RC Club lost one of our most dedicated and well-liked club members, Mike Vawters. As our vice-president and safety officer, he provided our club with invaluable leadership and expertise through the years. This year’s Fun Fly is to honor him for his contributions to the club and to the hobby. This event was his idea of having a Charity Fund Raiser Fun Fly Event to welcome other clubs to our flying field just to have an enjoyable day of flying and camaraderie.
Mike Vawters Memorial
Open Fun Fly and Charity Fund Raiser to Support Less Fortunate folks through The Brazoria County Sheriff’s Department. To be Hosted By:
Alvin Radio Control Model Airplane Assoc. and Brazoria County Modelers Association
Saturday November 9, 2019
- Net proceeds from the event and all donations will be used to purchase gift cards. Gift cards will be given to the Brazoria County Sheriff’s Department to be distributed by the Deputies to less fortunate folks prior to Christmas.
- Location – Vance Field (previously Alvin RC Field)
- Open to the public.
- All size airplanes and flying styles welcome but pilots must be AMA members. AMA and Field Safety Rules will apply.
- Pilot entry fee – $20 donation which includes pilot lunch.
- No charge for spectators – personal and corporate donations are welcome – parking is free.
- Paved runway, air conditioned clubhouse, working restroom and lots of shade – please bring lawn chairs.
- Pilot registration begins at 8:00 AM, Pilot’s meeting at 8:30 AM.
- Raffle prizes plus “garage sale table” for donated items.
- Company or individual Donations may be mailed to Alvin RC, POBox 30, Alvin, TX 77512 or Brazoria County Modelers Association, 140 Brazosport Blvd. N, Clute, TX 77531
- For additional information please visit our website at www.alvinrc.club or contact Benny Behrens at email@example.com 832-499-2043 or Erik Valdez at firstname.lastname@example.org, 979-230-6968.
Directions to Vance field (Formerly Alvin RC Flying Field) located at 2444CR 180, Alvin, TX (Do not use as mailing address):
Off of Hwy 6 turn generally South on to CR149, go across tracks, then turn left at dead-end on to CR190 (Old Manvel Rd). At first light (school will be on your right) turn right on to CR284. Proceed to dead-end and turn right onto CR181. Go about 1⁄4 mile to first highway (CR180). Turn left onto CR180 and proceed approx. 1.5 miles – field will be on your right across from some large galvanized metal buildings (old hangers). Additional Notes:
• Parking is free
• If you have something to donate please bring it along.